The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Endless Chatter

I am in a mood where I would like to write something, but there really isn't much to say. I missed church this morning because I have been dealing with sinus drainage all weekend. I don't like to miss, but this morning I was "drained." Ha!

This has been a crazy week. We were in the greatest revival I have ever been to. I felt, still feel, the Lord moving. I was reminded of what my life should be about, and how blessed I am to have the church family that I do. Most, if not all of its members, are seeking a deep relationship with the Lord, and they try so very hard to stay focused on HIM. I am thankful for that.

Then, we find out Monday that Ray has passed away unexpectedly. I never met Ray, but I know that my Uncle Randy is hurting deeply, and therefore, I hurt. It was such a shock to all of us. We were all expecting to hear that David Haley, Denise's husband, was the one that had passed. Well, unfortunately, that is the news we got the following night. I had never met David either, but I love Denise, and once again, I was hurting for her.

I was gone from home every evening last week, except Friday, which is very rare for me. It was a week of extreme highs and extreme lows. Which if you know me, the last year or two, I have been on complete middle ground. It isn't that I don't feel compassion or empathy anymore, but things have been put in perspective for me. I have realized, truly and deeply that God is in control of everything.


One of my favorite scriptures says it all:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:8 & 9


Basically what that says to me is, we can never begin to understand or comprehend what God is doing in His infinite wisdom. We can only think on our human level, which usually revolves around us and our plans. God can see it all, has it all planned out perfectly, and HE KNOWS WHAT'S BEST. How many times have you heard that? How many times has that really sunk in? How many times have you really believed it?

If you open a puzzle box and just take out any random piece, that piece looks weird, or possibly unfitting. It may have a little of this object and a little of that. There may be one solid color or a variety. The ends may all be curved with ins and outs, or you may have a straight edge or two. That piece of the puzzle by itself, really doesn't seem to make much sense, does it? Well, when all the pieces are put together, doesn't it resemble a beautiful picture designed by the artist?

Our lives are the same, and we can only focus on one piece of the puzzle at a time, but God sees the whole picture. This is where trust comes in, and self disappears. Sometimes we can see a little section, and it starts making more sense. We think we know then! We think, "I got this one!" Why? Why do we have to know? What does it matter? HE alreadys knows.....and at least we know there's a happy ending.


That also reminds me of another one of my favorite passages, which is also appropriate guven the past week.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Ecclesiates 3:1-8




Dedicated to the memory of Ray Reynolds and David Haley


No comments:

Post a Comment