The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I am so thankful for everything!!!! Here's my list:

I am thankful for............
Jesus Christ, my Saviour and Lord. He shed His blood for my sins. He wants to have a relationship with me. Thankful that I do have a relationship with Him. That He is in control and that I don't have to care for tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself. That He has worked, is working and will continue to work in my life. That He loves me. That He saved me. That He forgave & continues to forgive me. That He is the lover of my soul. That He is my strength. That He is the Great Physician. That He is my friend. That He is my Redeemer. I am thankful for infinite qualities of my Lord to be thankful for.

I am thankful for...........
My wonderful family. My parents who raised me in a Christian home and introduced me to my wonderful Lord. Thankful that they love me regardless and even though I don't deserve it. That they put up with me through the teen years. Thankful that they are two of my closest and dearest friends. I am thankful for my brother. I am thankful for all the childhood memories, most of which include us doing something together. I am thankful that he likes me for who I am. I am thankful for what an incredible man he is. I am thankful for Rhonda, who is truly the sister of my heart. I am thankful that she accepts our crazy family. I am thankful that she is a part of that crazy family. I am thankful for my Mr. & Mrs. Crosson. Only the Lord knows what a special place those two people have in my heart. I am thankful for every single thing they took the time to teach me. I am thankful for their inspiring faith and devotion to our Lord. I am thankful that they were my grandparents. I am thankful for my Mamaw Ann, Papaw Clarence, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Marti, Uncle Randy, Uncle Keith and all of my Dad's side of the family. Yeah, all of 'em! I am thankful that I have grown closer to them in the last year or so. I am thankful for my in-laws. I really enjoy them. I am thankful that they like and accept me. I am thankful that they are fun to be around and not stressful.

I am thankful for............
My wonderful, incredible, honest, trustworthy, handsome, funny, clever, witty, interesting, intelligent, delightful, kind-hearted, giving, hard-working, crazy (in a good way), loving, silly, heart-warming, easy-going, good-natured, giving, helpful, providing, accepting, devoted, God-fearing, soul mate....George William Willis. I am thankful that God created him just for me (and even better than my specifications!) I am so thankful for all he does for me and for the good of our family. I am thankful that he loves me just the way I am and that he never tried to change me, but was actually proud to have me. (Amazing!) I am thankful for his desire to do God's will in his life and in our life. I am thankful for the wonderful husband & father that he is.

I am thankful for..........
My sweet boy. I am thankful for the son of my heart. My heart overflows with pride for what a good kid he is. He brings such joy and happiness to my life.

I am thankful for..............
My church family. My pastor. My brothers and sisters in Christ. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful for my friend Alicia, and her constant encouragement, and her love for the Lord. I am thankful that we can be honest with one another. I am thankful that I can trust her. I am thankful that we have a similiar sense of humor.

I am thankful for ..................
My pets. Scotty & Scarlett. My cattle. Gertie, Trudy, Ironhide, Cicilee. My farm. Oh, how God has blessed me by letting me live in one of the most beautiful spots on the planet.

I am thankful for..................
All the "little" things. Having money to buy gas when I need it. Coffee flavored ice cream. My afgan. The quilts made by the hands of my wonderful mother and grandmothers. The ability to make things. The ability to cook. Toilette paper. Moist wipes. Lysol. Deodorant. Hand Sanitizer. Tooth paste. Dental Floss. Soap. Warm-from-the-dryer towels. Soft, clean sheets. The creek that runs around my house. My green cow boots. Fall. Winter. Air conditioning. Cruise control. Rocking chairs and porch swings. Dusk. Dawn. A good frost. A good hard rain on a hot Summer day. Chocolate. Paper and pencils, or pens. God's word. Caffeine-free Pepsi. Flip-flops. Fresh from the garden produce. Fresh cut hay. The smell of the woods. When I see my cat with a mouse in her mouth. Flannel shirts. Sweatshirts (minus the sweat). PJ pants. Old, ragged t-shirts. Many, many other things.......etc. etc. etc.

Thank you Lord for your blessings on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment