The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Love

Yesterday was mine & George's wedding anniversary. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. God has truly blessed me!



George, I love countless things about you, so I will just try to hit on the main ones.


Integrity. I think that would be the word I would choose if I had to use only one to define you. Integrity is defined as "uprightness of character." I think anyone who knows you knows this about you. At the young age of 33, you have managed to gain the respect of many people, several of which are your elders. You are true to your word.

Funny. This would be the only other word that I would use to describe you if I could choose only one. You crack me up! We have so much fun together, and I love that you don't take yourself too seriously. Even more than that, I love that you have shown me how to not take myself so seriously. You are so clever and witty and always ready to prank someone. You definitely keep me on my toes, but the other half of the time I am doubled over in laughter.

Hard-working. Shew! You wear me out just watching you sometimes. And, sometimes this is one of the things about you that I wish I could press the 'pause' button on. In the last year especially, but mostly since your momma passed away, I have noticed that you still have a good work ethic, but you don't push so hard and wear yourself down constantly. But, you, like me love to work and love to feel the sense of accomplishment. I am thankful that you are willing to get out there and sweat to provide for us and just to simply get your blood pumping.

Loving. Oh my man! Of all the ways you make me feel good about myself, the number one thing would be that you make me feel loved. I know I occasionally-um, very rarely-get on your nerves, make you mad, frustrate you or even let you down, but you continue to love me and not let those things about me stand in the way of your love for me. There are many, many days in my life that I feel unlovable, but you never make me feel that way. The love of the Lord is exhibited in the way you love me.

Intelligent. You and I neither one were huge fans of school, but that doesn't reflect in your knowledge of whatever it is you do. I know your public job requires a lot of smarts. I can't even comprehend some of the things you try to explain to me about what goes into the running of a steel mill. I'm starting to get confused just trying to come up with an example. Then, there is the farm. Wow! You have such a head for business that if it weren't for the present economy, I know we could make it strictly as farmers. You know a good investment when you see one. Your knowledge of cattle, orchard grass, conservation, soil & hay testing, among other things makes me wonder how much information the human brain can actually hold, because on these subjects you have no limit. Then, I have to mention the hobbies. You know a great deal about fishing, hunting (turkey, deer, coon, ginseng, grouse, etc.) and any other thing you take an interest in.

Personable. This is the best word I could think of to describe why it is everyone you meet loves you instantly. You are honest and funny, but you just have a natural charisma that draws others to you. Men, are mostly drawn to you. You are a man's man, and you have more buddies than I can count. Guys not only enjoy talking to you about huntin' and fishin' but are comfortable talking to you on any topic. They also know they can confide in you if there is something troubling them. Secondly, I have never met a child that didn't take up with you. Kids absolutely love you! You are a wonderful father, uncle and friend to the children in your life. I pray that the Lord blesses us with many more children who will be blessed to have you for a daddy.

Handsome. I couldn't go on without mentioning this one. Although you know that I am someone who does not think much on outward appearances, and makes it a point to focus on the inward, I still think you're pretty cute! (Ok, I would elaborate, but you know my parents read this!) From your once dark hair to your now bald head, your gorgeous blue eyes that sometimes show evidence of tears when moved by love for others, your strong arms and broad chest that make me feel like a woman when encircled in your embrace, I am attracted to it all. You are one good-lookin man! (And, when I first saw you, you reminded me of pictures I've seen of my Papaw Corbett.)

So, these are just a few things that make up all the many reasons I love you. For the most part, I love you because God created you specifically for me. We are soul mates. We were meant to be. Happy Anniversary!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you two!
    We both very happy for you and agree that George is a pretty good ole son-in-law - and coming from a father-in-law those words are golden :)

    Love Ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are! I am thankful every day that George not only won my heart but the two of yours also. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete