The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Huh?

Do you ever feel like no one listens? Did you hear me? I said, "Do you ever feel like no one listens?"

Maybe I feel this way because I have felt misunderstood my entire life. (If my Dad reads this, I know he will get what I'm saying.) I think I am one of the most honest, straight-forward, blunt, cut-to-the-chase type people, but what is it???? Is that just a different language to the rest of the world?

I say what I feel, exactly how I mean it and exactly how I feel it. I do try to be polite and considerate, but I am not manipulative or wishy-washy. You can take what I say at face-value. So, what's the deal?

Blah, blah, blah.....yada, yada, yada.......Is that all anyone hears.

No, I know what they hear.......to quote a Toby Keith song...

"Wanna talk about me. Wanna talk about my. Wanna talk about #1 on my, me mine. What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see......yeah I like talkin' 'bout you, you, you, you usually, but occassionally.....I wanna talk about me."

Sounds selfish. Yeah, it is. Hmmmm....



When no one listens, and you have a lot to say, what do you do?




GOD.

I love you, Lord.

When I get tired of listening and no one returning the favor, YOU always do. Why? Why do you care? Who am I, that YOU are mindful of me?

Thank you Lord for revealing the answer in my thoughts as I typed out of self-pity. Thank you!





I just heard this on tv.....Love will multiply, not divide.


I wonder if anyone who reads this will really hear what I am saying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment