The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Day in the Life...

Well, it has been quite awhile since my first and last blog. So, here goes........

Today was a crazy day. I think that once you have commited your life to Christ, passed 30, and have many people that love you, your bad days should be almost non-existent. I agree that attitude is everything. You cannot control your surrounding, situations that are occuring, or the people you encounter, but you can change your attitude. God is in control, and we can be thankful for that. We can be thankful that nothing is left to "chance." It is not about karma, fate, serendipity. It is all about Him. He is in control.

Well, that being said. Today was rough. To say the least.

I overslept. Bad, bad way to start any day, especially for me. I am a morning person, strangely, and I hate to sleep late. I love waking up when it is still dark, sitting in my spot in the living room and opening up the good book. Pulling my afgan over my lap as I eat my cereal and (currently) explore my Beth Moore study, "To Live is Christ." I love the quiet, the newness of the morning, the promise God has given me with this new day.

I didn't get that this morning. Fifteen after ten. Yep. That's what I said. What? I know, crazy! Who sleeps that late once you've finished college!?! Shortly after waking, the phone rang. Lord help me! The caller, my father-in-law, suggested that I wake my sleeping husband to go pick up a load of cattle. Yes, George was still sleeping too, but he had a good excuse. He had devoted 8 hours of night time to AK Steel. How to wake him??? Should I go in and say, "Surprise! You get to go load cattle today!"

How about, "Guess what honey, I don't think you'll have to go deer hunting today afterall! Aren't you relieved!?"

Well, I took the straight forward approach. Yeah, neither of us was very happy. And that's how it started........not so laid back, early to rise, early to the sack......none of that John Denver stuff. As the day progressed, events like uninstalling a washer and dryer, installing a new washer and dryer, first returning the beat-up, not bolted together original washer, and a few choice words from two people who woke up on the wrong side of the bed and some heated up left overs filled in the gaps. Now here I sit. George is back to AK for another midnight turn, and I am at the computer. Tomorrow is church, and as far as I'm concerned, it can't come soon enough.

Goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I hope you continue to update. I miss you guys and it would be nice to read whats going on with you! Also I find your references to your relationship with God inspiring. I'm working to strengthen my relationship with Him and hearing you talk about your relationship is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete