The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Friday, December 31, 2010

End of 2010

On this, the last day of 2010, I would like to share a verse from the last book of the Bible.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Rev. 20:10

(Did you notice the address...20:10?)

I think this is a wonderful promise to remember as we leave one year behind and begin another. In case you have never read the book of Revelation, I don't want to spoil it for you, but I will tell you it is a "happy ending." We win in the end.

As we go into this new year, we can rest assured that there is nothing to fear. There is nothing that we need to worry about or dread. God is in all things, and He has gone before us. He has prepared the way.

Yes, we do have trials and troubles to face, sometimes on a daily basis. But, we are not alone, and we will emerge victorious. As you face this new year, try looking at each day with this question in your heart, "What is God going to teach me today?" Then, when you are presented with these life lessons, try letting them sink in and be treasures that you take with you. Let them add to your suit of armor and provide extra protection for the next battle.

We will certainly face battle, but He has not left us unequipped.

Show me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
Psalm 25:4


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'll be glad to be rid of that ole guy. He's caused us much grief but we have Victory in Jesus - Praise God!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Praise the Lord! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete