The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

I'm not really sure what to say about today. I am a patriotic person, and I so appreciate the 4th of July and what it means. I am thankful to live in this country and to have men and women who fight for my freedom. I love America. I love that I am an American.

Don't get me wrong, it is not that I don't truly realize the significance of what all of that means. For the most part, I think we as Americans are spoiled and don't know how good we have it. I am kind of embarrassed about what America has become. You know other countries consider us a "Christian" nation. If you truly are a Christian, that should make you blush or cower in your seat. Is this how we represent Christ to the rest of the world? Oh, my!

As much as I am thankful to be an American, I am even more thankful to be a Christian and to have freedom in Jesus Christ. Through the shed blood of Jesus, we can be free no matter where we are. We are free from sin, free from death and the grave. We are no longer held by the bonds of sin and all of the turmoil that it brings. We are free! We could be like Paul and chained to another person or in stocks, or under house arrest and as long as we know Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord, WE ARE FREE!

I am not at all taking away from the daily fight of our men and women in the armed forces. I love them and I appreciate them. But, by the grace of God alone are we Americans. All praise goes to our Heavenly Father who worked through our Fore Fathers. God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment