The intention of this blog is just to share with you the way God works in my everyday life. I hope you enjoy!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I quit making New Year's Resoultions a long, long time ago. Actually, I don't know that I ever made them??? But, here are some things that I would like to strive for this year:

Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Philippians 2:14

Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
Matthew 6:33a

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
Matthew 6:20a


Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Matthew 7:1

Let you light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:44

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Galations 5:1

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Galations 6:2

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Colossians 3:23

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Philippians 4:4&6

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Ephesians 6:10-11


These are only some of the things I hope and pray that I may be able to do this year. Of course, it would be better for me to strive to do them on a daily basis, not a year-by-year basis. I just hope that I will be used of the Lord. I pray that I can be a willing and faithful servant. Oh, Lord, how I want to grow in you and learn of you! I pray Father that I would live in Your will and be ever-seeking of Your will alone. Not my will, but thine, Oh Lord. I pray that I can put myself aside and serve You, live for You, and make a difference for You. You alone are worthy.


Reflecting:
2009 has been a year like any other. I guess. Some things that happened......George and I went on vacation for the first time since our honeymoon. I felt the call of the Lord on my life to truly be a servant for him. I participated in the Ladies' Bible Study at church, and I really enjoyed it. I redid my small bath, and I am currently re-doing my kitchen. We got cell phones. I started this blog, and I got more involved in facebook. Hmm......that's about it.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment